Use the following guide to installed a Straight Talk sim card in your iPhone using the $45 Unlimited plan on Straight Talk or the $50 Unlimited plan on Net10. This documnet is a work in progress, and may contain errors
- An iPhone (Provider Locked or Unlocked)
- Straight Talk Sim pack straighttalksim.com or a Net10 Sim pack net10sim.com
Step One: Getting the correct Sim pack + Straight Talk Nokia Sim advice
- Sim packs are offered as AT&T or T-Mobile Compatable (You can use either packs if your phone is provider unlocked)
- If phone is locked to AT&T get the AT&T pack.
- If the phone is provider locked to another provider other than AT&T you will need to have the phone either unlock with a service like cellunlocker.net or have the phone Jailbroken (this is another topic)
- SIm packs either AT&T or T-Mobile have a standard sim card sizes for iPhone 2G,3G,3GS and microsim packs for iPhone 4 and 4S. if you have a standard size sim card and you want to use it in an iPhone 4 here is a guide on trimming the card down to size (Sim to Microsim using scissors).
- If you are moving a Sim card from a Straight Talk Nokia phone, this is a AT&T sim card so just follow the steps as normal
- After you have right Sim card installed in your iPhone, activate the Sim Card with Straight Talk continue to step two.
Step Two: Program the APN Settings for Internet data (Provider locked).
So your phone has he sim card installed an activated, you should be able to make phone calls, but what about Internet? read on.
- Turn wifi on your iphone and go to: unlockit.co.nz (go to this site at your own risk)
- Click on Custom APN
- Choose Country "United States" and Carrier "Straight Talk"
- Click create profile, then install profile.
Program the APN & MMSSettings for Internet data (Jailbroken).
On your jailbroken iPhone, launch Cydia an App the should be installed with Jailbreak.
There is an Application called Tetherme it is $5 to purchase.
Install TetherMe, exit Cydia and go to your home screen
Open Settings > TetherMe > Cellular Data Network
TetherMe and unlockit.co.nz profiles conflict so if you use TetherMe, don't bother with unlockit.co.nz
If you do have issues you can restore defaults usingL Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
These are the setting that are needed in the iPhone.
|AT&T Sim||T-Mobile Sim|
MMS Proxy: 18.104.22.168:80
MMS Max Size: 1048576
MMS UA Prof URL:
We are working on this document, please post any changes or errors that are found below thanks! Mike.